Click here for all Cigre Southern Africa current events, past events and past conference proceedings
- This event has passed.
10th Cigre Southern Africa Regional Conference: “Transforming the power system for future generations”
2nd November 2021 - 4th November 2021
The COVID-19 global pandemic has shown us how interconnected our lives are in this global village. It has forced behavioural changes on us all, given rise to innovative ways to work, operate and manage our worlds in all the far-reaching corners of the world. We have had to adapt and change and be resilient in the face of it all.
Similarly, our power networks, the interconnectedness of our power grids have to be just as resilient. They have to adapt and transform as we continuously shift to cleaner energy sources in order to build the power system for future generations.
This conference will provide a platform to deliberate on subjects that expound on how we can build, transform, adapt a resilient power system for the future. These discussions will be between electric utilities (generation/transmission/ distribution), municipalities, system operators, regulators, manufacturers and suppliers, universities, standardizing bodies, research laboratories and authorities on topics in the field of the development of electrical systems in Africa.
Papers across all study committees are invited. Preference will be given to submissions in the fields of technology, planning, operations and markets as well as those covering actual project and operational experiences with focus on the following subjects:
- Changing, adapting, hardening for power systems/grids/networks;
- Managing power systems in a pandemic or global event;
- New innovations or improvements to existing power systems/grids/networks;
- Climate change;
- Cyber security;
- Data Capturing/Analysis for power systems;
- Energy security;
- Energy storage;
- Microgrids, distributed energy resources;
Please note: we are accepting abstracts until the 17 May 2021. Participants wishing to present papers should submit abstracts of no more than 500 words. Kindly note all submissions must be in English. All submissions must be in English and made via easychair link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=10thcigresouthernafr
Kindly follow instructions given in the paper template. To download the abstract template, follow this link: Abstract template 10th Regional Conference 2021
Participants wishing to present papers should submit a full paper no longer than 10 pages. Kindly follow instructions given in the paper template.
To download the paper template, follow this link: 10th Regional Conference Paper Template (MS Word)
All submissions must be in English and made via easychair link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=10thcigresouthernafr
All submissions will be assessed by at least two independent reviewers. Papers that are accepted by the review panel will be published in the conference proceedings.
Deadlines (**New Dates**)
- Abstract submission: 17 May 2021
- Abstract acceptance: 04 June 2021
- Paper submission: 15 April 2021 02 Jul 2021
- Registration opens: 05 July 2021
- Paper acceptance: 17 June 2021 02 Aug 2021
- Final (‘camera-ready’) paper submission: 31 July 2021 16 August 2021
- Presentation Submission – 30 September 2021 (click here to download the Presentation Template)
- Biography Submission – 30 September 2021 (click here to download the Bio Template)
- Registration Deadline – 28 October 2021 (click here to register)
The conference will be virtual due to COVID-19 safety concerns.
Authors should be available to present at the conference either online or via video submission
Organising committee: Sidwell Mtetwa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Enquiries: Anelja de Bok (email@example.com)